Web Hosting
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Work After Penguin 2.1

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization (SEO)' started by akstgsb, Dec 30, 2013.

1. akstgsb

My site is recently being very severely hit by the Google penguin 2.1 update in which I lost all my keyword rankings. Now I am doing the SEO for my new website in which I am focusing on getting good back links from the sites only and focusing on generating quality content. What else I can do for my website so that it never come in a panelty again?

2. themonk3y

Do not try guest blogging. Even if your try guest blogging make sure that the links pointing to your website are nofollow. I have heard that Google has starting penalizing websites for guest blogging. I know a number of people on other forums who have suffered for writing a huge amount of guest posts.

3. TIEro

There is nothing specific you can do to avoid penalties in the future, since it depends on what changes Google makes. However, the best way to insulate yourself from as many negatives as possible is to produce readable, naturally-written, high-quality, useful, informative, authoritative content that is relevant to the keywords you use. Google's driving purpose is to list the best, most relevant sites at the top of the page, so if yours is the best site with the most relevant content, you win.

Attempting to apply formulae to SEO is, basically, a great way to ensure Google slaps you in the future for "gaming" the system (as they see it). I know everyone tries to do it, but formulae are bad unless you know all the ins and outs of Google's algorithm. Which no one does, outside Google.

Hyperbole. The original message from Google (Matt Cutts in one of his videos) was responding to the question of "guest blogging for backlinks". There is no penalty for guest blogging if your content is useful, interesting and informative, with a link to you in the byline because you're not on staff. The penalty is for "articles" that are obviously designed to fill space just for one or more links back to the author's site - all those crappy article marketing attempts, where people spin PLR junk into even worse junk and splatter it across a thousand directories and blogs.