Divi WordPress Theme
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

WordPress subdomain WP install

Discussion in 'Misc WordPress Requests' started by tqfan, Mar 9, 2018.

1. tqfan

subdomain WP install, by tqfan

I have my business site setup and have 25gb of server space and am currently using less than 1gb (lmao!) and I want to create a site for a club I am in. I thought instead of buying hosting for that site, I could create a subdomain and host as part of my business site.
    My host says I can install WP on the subdomain as well as the top domain, they said just create a folder and install in there.

Is it really that easy?! I have created the folder, and when I go to it’s link, it pops up with a ‘not found’ page on my top domain site. So once I install WP in that folder, it will go to it instead? It won’t show my own site?

I looked on another thread asking to do 4 separate installs, and answers included networking, but I think the separate installs would be the best way to go about it? As I want to keep them separate and let the person who runs the club have access to it, without having access to my own site.

Also, could we then buy a domain name for the subdomain and redirect, will that work, also?

Just don’t see the point in buying the hosting when I have all that space sitting there.

Thanks =)

subdomain WP install