Divi WordPress Theme
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

WordPress Staging WordPress on Subdomain of a SquareSpace Site

Discussion in 'Misc WordPress Requests' started by netpro8x, Jan 31, 2018.

1. netpro8x

Staging WordPress on Subdomain of a SquareSpace Site, by netpro8x

Hi everyone,

My organization has a site through Squarespace right now (which I loathe) and since I have recently taken over the website I am wanting to transition over to using WordPress. I am new to working with WordPress and would greatly appreciate some help getting setup here.

So here is our setup: GoDaddy registered domain with DNS settings for SquareSpace. We then have our e-mail go through Bluehost using the same GoDaddy domain.

My hope is to set up a WordPress staging site on either a subdomain or subfolder of our domain through our Bluehost because we need to keep our current site operational while I build the new one. Currently when I try to access the WordPress install on the subdomain I setup in BlueHost it redirects to a Squarespace “page not found” error page. I am guessing this is because GoDaddy is aimed at Squarespace thus bypassing the Bluehost subdomain I setup.

Do any of you know if there is a way to get my staging site up and running on Bluehost with a subdomain or subfolder while maintaining my Squarespace site for the time-being? Is there something else I am missing that precludes me from having my cake and eating it too?

I would greatly appreciate any help you can offer!

Staging WordPress on Subdomain of a SquareSpace Site