Divi WordPress Theme
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

WordPress Reply To: Moving WordPress to another hosting after offline for some years, can’t...

Discussion in 'Misc WordPress Requests' started by giovanealex, Mar 24, 2018.

1. giovanealex

Reply To: Moving WordPress to another hosting after offline for some years, can’t login, by giovanealex

Thanks, Steve! Your reply has helped me slowly solve all my problems. You were right about the table prefix – I set it to “wp”, but I forgot the to put “_” at the end of it on wp-config.php, so I changed and the frontpage started to show, but any link I’ve clicked sent me to a 404 page. Suddenly it came to my mind that I’ve faced the same problem before in my blogging life, and then I went to my WP forum posts and found the answer: there was no .htaccess file. I’ve got the one from my backups and uploaded to both the “www” folder and my “seteventos.com” (my blog) folder on the hosting service and now everything works when navigating on my blog archives….except that I still couldn’t reach the Dashboard. I entered my credentials on my WordPress login page and it simply kept reloading to a completely blank page. Oh, yeah, I haven’t blogged for many years! And then, again, it came to my mind that plugins can generate lots of problems, specially caching plugins. So I’ve done some thinkering on the File Manager of the hosting service and…SHAZAM! I finally can access my Dashboard!

Thanks again for your help Steve! It helped me a lot to slowly fix everything! The WordPress community still rocks!

Reply To: Moving WordPress to another hosting after offline for some years, can’t login