Divi WordPress Theme
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

WordPress fix WordPress total crash after deleting medias

Discussion in 'Misc WordPress Requests' started by jackarnd, Feb 15, 2018.

1. jackarnd

WordPress total crash after deleting medias, by jackarnd

So I’m new to wordpress but I started with my company website. One thing I had to do was to clear up the gallery by removing every media that wasn’t used. I did it by removing a lot of them in one shot (selecting every “non attached” filtered media). Then the whole website crashed.
    Everytime I (and anyone) try to go on the website it says

“Error establishing a database connection”

and when I then go on the admin page I get the same error a little bit more detailed telling me to verify some stuff which I did so my host is working properly, I have the right passwords and so on.

I feel like it’s weird because even though I deleted a media that was used in the website, a missing media link shouldn’t make everything crash right ?
    What’s even weirder is that after a while the admin page comes back (working properly) but whenever someone goes on the website everything crashes again.

So if anyone has already faced this problem I would be happy if he helped me.
    For now I’m going to recover the website to how it was two days ago but ultimatly I’m going to need to delete these unused media so if I made a mistake please point it out so I don’t crash my company website again aha.

WordPress total crash after deleting medias