Web Hosting
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

WordPress fix WordPress not displaying changes to header/navbar

Discussion in 'Misc WordPress Requests' started by jkenney23, Oct 16, 2017.

1. jkenney23

WordPress not displaying changes to header/navbar, by jkenney23

Using the Appearance > Menus editor I added a new menu item, but it doesn’t appear in the site, or even show up in the HTML. I have cleared my cache on three different browsers, so I know it’s not that.

I then found the HTML file (I’m not in front of my work computer at the moment, but I believe the path was something like wp-content > pindex.html), downloaded a copy, edited it off line, confirmed it was working, and then uploaded the edited file, and there was no change.

But when I used the WP page editor, I could make slight changes to the text, and that saves fine, so SOME changes are getting through, just not in the header.

The site uses a heavily customized theme that I did not design, but I don’t see anything in the stylesheet that would prevent the HTML from even displaying. It looks like WordPress isn’t saving any changes I make, or at least not displaying them.

WordPress not displaying changes to header/navbar