Web Hosting
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

WordPress fix WordPress is killing my Paypal buttons

Discussion in 'Misc WordPress Requests' started by garybeck, Dec 5, 2017.

1. garybeck

WordPress is killing my Paypal buttons, by garybeck

Hello!

I am trying to help a person sell stuff on their website, with simple Paypal “add to cart” buttons.

I have done this many times with straight HTML pages (non-wordpress) and it works great.

Paypal gives me code to paste into the page and it creates an “add to cart button.”

When I am in WordPress, I have to toggle to the “text” view of a page in order for it to accept PayPal’s button code. So far so good.

Here’s the problem. Once the code is in there, if I toggle back to the “visual” tab, it alters the paypal code and the “add to cart button” no longer works. It displays the button on the website but nothing happens when you click on it. If I go back to the text view and look at the code again, I can see that wordpress changed it. previously it was a FORM element, now it is an INPUT element.

PLEASE…!! is there any way to prevent WordPress from changing the code when I toggle between Text and Visual view?

(this toggling has caused other similar problems for me before and I would love to be able to just turn off the “feature” where it alters the code like that, but for now if I can just fix this Paypal button problem I’ll be happy)

thank you

WordPress is killing my Paypal buttons