Divi WordPress Theme
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

WordPress fix Widget backend not working properly

Discussion in 'Misc WordPress Requests' started by krazygyal, Feb 26, 2018.

1. krazygyal

Widget backend not working properly, by krazygyal

Hi,

I was trying to edit a text widget, but I wasn’t able to add text or anything to it. It displays only a frame with the title of the widget “Text” and the “{save}” button is greyed out.

When I run the inspector on my web browser, I get the following errors:

[Error] TypeError: undefined is not an object (evaluating 'wp.mediaWidgets.init')
    Global Code (widgets.php:86)
    [Error] TypeError: undefined is not an object (evaluating 'wp.mediaWidgets.modelConstructors')
    Global Code (widgets.php:90)
    [Error] TypeError: undefined is not an object (evaluating 'wp.mediaWidgets.modelConstructors')
    Global Code (widgets.php:98)
    Global Code (widgets.php:106)
    Global Code (widgets.php:114)
    [Error] TypeError: undefined is not an object (evaluating 'wp.textWidgets.idBases')
    Global Code (widgets.php:124)
    [Error] TypeError: undefined is not an object (evaluating 'wp.codeEditor.defaultSettings')
    Global Code (widgets.php:130)
    [Error] TypeError: undefined is not an object (evaluating 'wp.customHtmlWidgets.idBases')
    Global Code (widgets.php:137)
    [Error] ReferenceError: Can't find variable: wpWidgets
    Global Code (widgets.php:6332)

If I click on one of the “widgets.php”, there’s the following code:

<script type='text/javascript'>
    wpWidgets.l10n = {"save":"Save","saved":"Saved","saveAlert":"The changes you made will be lost if you navigate away from this page."};
    </script>

I have tried to re-upload the “wp-admin” folder a couple times, it is not fixed.

I deactivated YOAST SEO Plugin which made the “Customize” live preview return blank.

Is there a way to fix this?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Widget backend not working properly