Web Hosting
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

WordPress fix White Screen of Death Error 500

Discussion in 'Misc WordPress Requests' started by Glenys Hanson, Nov 26, 2017.

1. Glenys Hanson

White Screen of Death Error 500, by Glenys Hanson

Hi there,
    I’ve written on this forum about the problem before but haven’t got a solution
    In September 2016 the 3 sites I manage suddenly displayed a white screen. I was not changing anything on the sites at the time.
    I’ve read the various articles on the internet about fixing the WP screen of death problem and have tried most of the fixes they suggest – at least the ones I understood. I’m not a coder but I’ve had WP sites for several years with no problems I couldn’t deal with but this has stumped me.
    As a workaround I’ve put on line copies of the sites before the problem occurred.
    Locally I don’t get the white screen but this error message I don’t understand:

“Warning: require_once(/Applications/XAMPP/xamppfiles/htdocs/subtleedzg201/wp-content/themes/customizr/inc/init.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /Applications/XAMPP/xamppfiles/htdocs/subtleedzg201/wp-content/themes/customizr-child/functions.php on line 3

Fatal error: require_once(): Failed opening required ‘/Applications/XAMPP/xamppfiles/htdocs/subtleedzg201/wp-content/themes/customizr/inc/init.php’ (include_path=’.:/Applications/XAMPP/xamppfiles/lib/php’) in /Applications/XAMPP/xamppfiles/htdocs/subtleedzg201/wp-content/themes/customizr-child/functions.php on line 3”

I’m willing to pay for help.

Cheers,
    Glenys

White Screen of Death Error 500