Divi WordPress Theme
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

WordPress fix Weird ghost widget problem

Discussion in 'Misc WordPress Requests' started by irncru, Mar 13, 2018.

1. irncru

Weird ghost widget problem, by irncru

Ok this has baffled me… A while ago I made a custom popout menu to show up on mobiles and placed it in a widget, which was in a custom widget area added to my page template. Later on I got rid of it and replaced it with a similar menu coded in a different manner.

All went smoothly for all of this. That was until I updated my PHP version from 5.4 to 7.0, and now the ghost of the original menu has appeared. As you can see on the site, the menu items from the old menu are listed in the header on the left. I know it’s the old menu as the items in the new one are slightly different, and because if I remove the new one the old one still shows up. Furthermore, it’s slowing down the page hugely. I cannot find a trace of the original menu I coded anywhere, I have litereally no idea what’s happening. I figure it might be a simple case of inspecting the page to find out the source but I’m not knowledgable enough to know what to look for. Anyone got any ideas?

Weird ghost widget problem