Web Hosting
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

WordPress fix Website recently updated and huge drop in ranking

Discussion in 'Misc WordPress Requests' started by jamescater, Nov 1, 2017.

1. jamescater

Website recently updated and huge drop in ranking, by jamescater

Hi friends,

Couple of weeks ago our developers made some changes in our website and tweaked for performance. But yesterday i saw a huge drop in google search ranking for some pages.

For example “Carpet Cleaning Fulham” was in 2nd position on Google Search. But from yesterday i am unable to find my website for this keyword anywhere. Like this some other pages also disappeared. Like 20 out 100 pages have seen huge decline in search results.

But i have checked for google penalty and other possible reasons for drop. But i am unable to find any reason.

I think maybe when my developers made the changes this might have caused this sudden drop. But i am unable to track it. So please suggest to me how i find where the issue is.

My Google webmaster tools showing under Crawl Errors > Other > xmlrpc.php with response code 405 first detected on 19-oct-2017. What is this and does this make any issue?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Website recently updated and huge drop in ranking