Divi WordPress Theme
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

WordPress fix Trouble Migrating – Nothing shows up after migration

Discussion in 'Misc WordPress Requests' started by josiahjrutledge, Jan 13, 2018.

1. josiahjrutledge

Trouble Migrating – Nothing shows up after migration, by josiahjrutledge

I’ll try to keep this initial description pithy, and leave the details in the notes below:

I’m trying to migrate a site to a new host, and every time I do so I end up with every page loading as completely blank. I’ve tried it manually (downloading the site files via FTP and exporting the database, then uploading the files and importing the database to the new host, then updating wp-config.php) and via three different plugins (Duplicator, All in One WP Migrate, and Migrate Guru). Every time I try, the site shows with a bunch of blank pages.

– Moving from NameCheap hosting to Bluehost
    – I have left the nameservers pointing to the old site, and have been attempting to access the new site by changing the hosts file on my computer
    – Static html files I’ve uploaded to the new host under the domain of the site in question work fine
    – The site is in the root directory of the “old” host, but in an addon domain (and it’s corresponding subfolder) on the new host.
    – If I install WordPress from scratch on the new host with the domain, I get a working site. Just can’t get my site to work.
    – No error messages show when attempting to load the site from the new host – nothing shows up at all

Any help or advice you can give would be much appreciated. Let me know if there are any details I’ve excluded which would help you help me.

Trouble Migrating – Nothing shows up after migration