Web Hosting
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

WordPress fix Too Many Redirects Problem

Discussion in 'Misc WordPress Requests' started by elcoyotesurvives, Nov 6, 2017.

1. elcoyotesurvives

Too Many Redirects Problem, by elcoyotesurvives

My home page displays properly in the browser. But recently I started getting this message or equivalent when clicking a link to another page or post. I tried deactivating themes and plugins and poking through debug logs to no avail. Additionally, updates always fail (WP, plugins, themes).

I found this post: https://wordpress.org/support/topic/permalink-problem-too-many-redirects/ . The suggested fix is “Please kindly try disabling all your plugins and set your permalinks back to defaults (Settings > Permalinks). If the plugin works fine this way, it’s a server / htaccess issue.”

So I looked at my Permalink structure. It was set to Day and Name. I changed it to Plain and now my posts and pages display when the links are clicked. When I changed back to Day and Name, the problem returned. So I may have a “server / htaccess issue”.

However, my blog is hosted by Yahoo (or Aabaco or Luminate – I’m still confused), so I have no access to server settings or htaccess. I would like to have my Day and Name Permalinks working again. Any suggestions on how I can fix this?

Too Many Redirects Problem