Web Hosting
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

WordPress fix Too many page redirects, can’t update or delete plugins, can’t update content

Discussion in 'Misc WordPress Requests' started by tim48124, Nov 10, 2017.

1. tim48124

Too many page redirects, can’t update or delete plugins, can’t update content, by tim48124

At some recent point my site started having major problems:

• Visitors can’t see pages other than the home page, error “too many redirects”
    • I can’t update or delete any plugins
    • I can’t update WordPress (currently at 4.8.2) or my theme (using 2010 theme); attempting to update the 2010 theme resulted in “Update Failed: Could not remove the old theme”
    • I attempt to update page or post content, I don’t get any errors but the content (specifically a Post that shows up on the home page) doesn’t change for visitors

I’ve done the basics, mainly disabling all plugins. I thought I had a fix with file permissions: many help page posts suggested a file permissions problem, and I noticed via FileZila that all my pages had permissions of 644 (Group can only read). I recursively changed all file permissions to 664 (Owner and Group can write), but I see no change to the above issue list. Folder permissions remain at 775 (Owner, group and user can execute).

Too many page redirects, can’t update or delete plugins, can’t update content