Web Hosting
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

WordPress fix Some sentences in the page create a 403 error

Discussion in 'Misc WordPress Requests' started by ouardane, Nov 2, 2017.

1. ouardane

Some sentences in the page create a 403 error, by ouardane

Hello,

I have the strangest bug!

As I was trying to edit some of my pages, an error 403 started popping up :
    “Forbidden

You don’t have permission to access /saferdance/wp-admin/post.php on this server.
    Additionally, a 403 Forbidden error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.”

The error only pops up when editing 2 of my pages, not the other ones.

Here are all the things I tried :
    * disabled all the plugins
    * changed the theme
    * reinstalled wordpress using reinstall from the update menu
    * reinstalled by deleting all the files except for wp-config and the wp-content folder and reinstalling freshly downloaded wordpress
    * modified the permission of the post.php file currently set at 755
    * deleted the .htaccess fils and tried a few modifications on it

None of it helped.

For one of the page, I started copy/pasting the page in a new page. I was able to find that a very specific and reproducible error was created when the page contained the words “not behaving respectfully”. If I type “not conducting themselves respectfully”, it works fine. I checked the html code for hidden tags, but nothing. If I create a new page with these words only, the problem comes back.

I have the problem with a different page, and it doesn’t contain the previous sentence. It’s really time consuming to isolate what breaks the page, so I’d love some help!

Some sentences in the page create a 403 error