Divi WordPress Theme
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

WordPress fix Slow Updates – Security/Plugins/Plugin Searches

Discussion in 'Misc WordPress Requests' started by designer4, Jan 24, 2018.

1. designer4

Slow Updates – Security/Plugins/Plugin Searches, by designer4

Over the past few weeks we have been getting the following errors when Upgrading to the latest version of wordpress and installing, updating and searching for plugins on the wordpress repository:

An unexpected error occurred. Something may be wrong with WordPress.org or this server’s configuration. If you continue to have problems, please try the support forums.

The server is temporarily unable to service your request due to maintenance downtime or capacity problems. Please try again later.

I have contacted my host to troubleshoot it with them and they have stated that it is not a problem on their side and they have also noticed the same problems happening to other customers of theirs.

They have apparently made contact with you and have not received feedback.

They say that updates are taking 2-5 times longer than usual. Now whenever I need to do updates I have to upgrade the resources per site to ridiculous amounts and update one plugin at a a time. For example to update 6 plugins it would take half an hour.

The websites are all working fine and running fast on the frontend. There are only errors when connections are made for updates.

I have searched the web for other users experiencing the same issues but could not find any trace.

Is there a problem currently? We are based in South Africa

Slow Updates – Security/Plugins/Plugin Searches