Web Hosting
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

WordPress fix Slow Loading Time: Possible Fixes?

Discussion in 'Misc WordPress Requests' started by atrag, Oct 16, 2017.

1. atrag

Slow Loading Time: Possible Fixes?, by atrag

Hello,

I am beyond stressed out. I started a redesign and gradual migration of a site with 1 million visitors a month into WordPress. I now have 3000 posts (out of 13000) and the site is running incredibly slow. A page with the text “hello world” takes 1.8 seconds of waiting for the server, a listing pages with 50 posts takes around 8 seconds of waiting. I am also getting a warning from the server that the CPU is overloaded. The static html pages. outside of wordpress, do not have a load time problem.

Can someone suggest what I could do?

Would a server upgrade make a considerable difference? These are the current specs:

processor: 4 x CPU cores
    32GB RAM DDR3
    2 x 2TB SATA RAID 1
    2 x 120GB SSD RAID 1
    2 x IPv4 IPs

I currently have no caching. I couldn’t get any cache plugging to work on the site as the fact that the homepage is not a wordpress page seems to confuse them. I could cache the queries myself using set_transient Could this be the solution? Or do you think there that it is more likely that there is something else fundamentally wrong with the site that would cause this problem?

Thank you very much in advance.

Slow Loading Time: Possible Fixes?