Web Hosting
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

WordPress fix Reply To: wp-admin/index.php keeps changing

Discussion in 'Misc WordPress Requests' started by bicartwright, Oct 23, 2017.

1. bicartwright

Reply To: wp-admin/index.php keeps changing, by bicartwright

Andrew, I’m sorry, the post from you that I read first was confusing. I see what you are saying now. I will research the links you posted and see if I can make sense of it. Wonder what would happen if I reinstall wordpress. Sadly I’m on a host where I can’t use a CRT client (only ftp) so have little control over how instlation is set up. So to do it I’d back up the database, download my content directory and probably the includes directory. Then delete the wordpress directory completely, reinstall (from hosts control panel). If the new install copy sets up a new db I will upload the backed up copy then copy in the contents directory. (don’t think I need the includes but I don’t remember and would have to check to make sure there aren’t any user (ie theme or plugin necessary files).

If either of you see a problem with that solution please let me know. I’m not going to attempt that in the next day or two so no rush.

Thank you both,

Bruce

Reply To: wp-admin/index.php keeps changing