Divi WordPress Theme
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

WordPress fix Reply To: wp-admin files has no permissions

Discussion in 'Misc WordPress Requests' started by Jackie McBride, Jan 10, 2018.

1. Jackie McBride

Reply To: wp-admin files has no permissions, by Jackie McBride

Hello, again, siritinga. Here’s what let’s do.
    1) Please rename your .htaccess to htaccess, ie, w/o the initial period.
    2) Make a new .htaccess file w/just the following lines–you could actually copy/paste, provided you saved this in an ANSI format.
    # Begin WordPress
    <IfModule mod_rewrite.c>
    RewriteEngine On
    RewriteBase /
    RewriteRule ^index\.php$ – [L]
    RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-f
    RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-d
    RewriteRule . /index.php [L]
    #End WordPress

Save the file, please, & then try reaching your dashboard. Please report back. Your persistence in the face of this can only be called superheroic. I admire it. So I’m in it for the long haul also, unless or until it becomes clear to both of us that such a position is untenable.

When I went to the /wp-admin address, I got a login screen in Spanish. I wouldn’t by any stretch of the imagination call my Spanish fluent (I’d be lying through my teeth if I did), but I do know enough to understand that I was in fact looking at a logon screen. So that part, at least, is working. But let’s try my suggestion of a barebones .htaccess file & see where that does or does not get us, ok?

Reply To: wp-admin files has no permissions