Divi WordPress Theme
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

WordPress fix Reply To: wp-admin files has no permissions

Discussion in 'Misc WordPress Requests' started by Jackie McBride, Jan 7, 2018.

1. Jackie McBride

Reply To: wp-admin files has no permissions, by Jackie McBride

Hi, siritinga, this is getting a bit complicated, isn’t it :)? I’m not quite sure why I haven’t asked for the site url, but evidently I did not. Too many holidays, I guess, so my brain decided to take 1, too. But I am asking for it now.

I am assuming you’ve got an SSL cert installed on your site? I would ask you to put a ; at the beginning of the lines in your wp-config.php file regarding your home & site url’s in order to comment these out. We should probably see your .htaccess file as well as any rewrite rules in place under Nginx.

You can check whether your theme is the culprit by renaming the theme folder. It *will* break the homepage, but it might be interesting to see if you can log into the site w/the teme disabled. I’m also wondering if perhaps better wp security may have put something in the .htaccess file to redirect the login page? We really should see it. Please use to enclose it, ie,

line 1
    line 2
    line 3

This may ultimately be a problem that’s too complex to help with on this forum, ie, it may require someone perusing logs, configuration files, etc, to solve, &, if that be the case, there’s always http://jobs.wordpress.net where your friend can post a position in order to hire someone to help w/this. I’m not entirely sure we’ve reached that point yet, but we may be approaching it, depending on what your .htaccess file shows.

I personally just run Nginx & PhpFM w/o Apache, but that’s just moi.

Reply To: wp-admin files has no permissions