Web Hosting
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

WordPress fix Reply To: WordPress generates JPGs when Uploading a PDF

Discussion in 'Misc WordPress Requests' started by BillHam, Nov 22, 2017.

1. BillHam

Reply To: WordPress generates JPGs when Uploading a PDF, by BillHam

Thanks. I had a likely suspect and deactivated it. The symptom went away. The plugin is called Media File Manager and lets the user set up and maintain their own bespoke folder structure within the Media Library.

It looks like MFM is persuading WP that PDF files are Image files as the four JPGs are the sizes as specified in Settings/Media, plus another presumably standard size. They are all copies of the original PDF.

Unfortunately this is a free plugin and the author seems to have abandoned it as it hasn’t been updated for some time and is said to be compatible only up to WP 4.8.

I’ve put a post on the plugin support page, but I’m not holding my breath for a response let alone a fix.

I have quite an extensive structure of subfolders and can’t just abandon it so it looks like I’ve got to bite the bullet and either delete all the extra files after uploading, or deactivate the plugin and reactivate it before and after uploading, especially for the multiple uploads.

Thanks for listening. Closing this off now.

Reply To: WordPress generates JPGs when Uploading a PDF