Web Hosting
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

WordPress fix Reply To: WordPress generates JPGs when Uploading a PDF

Discussion in 'Misc WordPress Requests' started by bcworkz, Nov 21, 2017.

1. bcworkz

Reply To: WordPress generates JPGs when Uploading a PDF, by bcworkz

Yes, your site will not appear correctly under twentysixteen. The content will be there, but you may have the wrong menu and widgets. Of course the layout will be different. Any theme specific content like shortcodes will not work.

The site doesn’t have to be under twentysixteen for very long. When you switch back, all should be restored to normal with no additional effort required. Do the trial during a period of low traffic. Switch to twentysixteen, upload a PDF, switch back. Check the results later. The trial should take less than a minute if server response isn’t too bad and you don’t pick a huge file to upload.

Some people have a fair idea of which plugin might be at fault, so checking those first is logical. When I have no clue about the culprit, I first deactivate all plugins to reassure myself that the problem goes away and it is indeed a plugin. Then reactivate one at a time, in the order of most important first. As long as you’re methodical, use whatever process makes sense to you.

Reply To: WordPress generates JPGs when Uploading a PDF