Web Hosting
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

WordPress fix Reply To: Why does header image require cropping? and re-upload in child theme?

Discussion in 'Misc WordPress Requests' started by madriverweb, Nov 28, 2017.

1. madriverweb

Reply To: Why does header image require cropping? and re-upload in child theme?, by madriverweb

Thank you both for your feedback and for moving my post to the best area.

@jaycbrf may not have understood from my original post that the images ARE conveniently pre-sized upon upload by the 2017 theme, so my question was why the “image-2000×1200” version was not accessible in the customizer. Instead re-sizing and re-cropping of the original is still needed. @bcworkz I don’t see how srcset is being used at all.

As a web developer, it is easy to upload pre-sized images, but in evaluating a theme and the ease of using the customizer for its original intention, so that a client can try different themes, I use it like a novice at times. With different themes requiring different logo sizes, header image sizes, background image sizes, it is NOT really that easy to switch from theme to theme and see anything meaningful until doing a substantial amount of work in each and then losing it if you try another theme. I do hope 4.9 will be an improvement, but I have already heard and read many concerns about being forced to use the visual/page builder functionality and only being able to use classic with a plug-in. It should be the reverse.

Reply To: Why does header image require cropping? and re-upload in child theme?