Divi WordPress Theme
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

WordPress fix Reply To: Website down after automatic update to WordPress 4.9.2

Discussion in 'Misc WordPress Requests' started by t-p, Jan 19, 2018.

1. t-p

Reply To: Website down after automatic update to WordPress 4.9.2, by t-p

I did that, and now can see page (not website),

I see your homepage but without any CSS style.

Try:
    – deactivating ALL (yes all) plugins temporarily to see if this resolves the problem (plugin functions can interfere). If this works, re-activate them individually (one-by-one) to find the problematic plugin(s).
    – switching to the unedited default Theme (Twenty Seventeen, etc.) for a moment using the WP dashboard to rule out any theme-specific issue (theme functions can interfere like plugins).

I tried but cannot access wp-admin page.
    I get this message:
    Forbidden

403 forbidden means that your browser isn’t able to load the scripts up because your server isn’t allowing it. This is a hard one to solve. Because anything could be blocking the server:
    – Most likely this is a server permissions/ownership issue, so ask your host what’s going on.
    – Another possible cause could be a corrupt .htaccess file. Also check your .htaccess files for anything strange.
    – make sure your server settings are not overriding the .htaccess file.
    – Another possible cause could be accidental changes to the server settings. Check with your hosting provider.

Reply To: Website down after automatic update to WordPress 4.9.2