Divi WordPress Theme
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

WordPress fix Reply To: Visual editor non-functional – Only have Text editor

Discussion in 'Misc WordPress Requests' started by Really Must I?, Feb 14, 2018.

1. Really Must I?

Reply To: Visual editor non-functional – Only have Text editor, by Really Must I?

Let me say that I got this sorted out. I don’t like it when others fix a problem an then don’t share how they got it done.

While I had previously re-loaded WP, I decided to try it again. I followed the instructions here: Updating WordPress

About halfway down the page are the simplified instruction on manually updating. I used these. There are links in them to more detailed updating, but carefully reading and following these instructions worked for me.

It doesn’t take that much time to actually perform a manual update.

The only reason I can think of for the issue is that during some automatic update some of the files were corrupted or didn’t update properly. This was perhaps due to my having ‘hardened’ my WordPress site against hackers. I changed file permissions to be looser, but am now going to harden it once again with information from here: Hardening WordPress

I hope this helps.

Reply To: Visual editor non-functional – Only have Text editor