Web Hosting
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

WordPress fix Reply To: Video from WP Video Widget will not be shown in frontend any more

Discussion in 'Misc WordPress Requests' started by George Appiah, Nov 30, 2017.

1. George Appiah

Reply To: Video from WP Video Widget will not be shown in frontend any more, by George Appiah

Hello You Wonderful You,

I just tested this on a fresh installation of WordPress 4.9.1, and I can confirm the following:

1.> If you use the INSERT FROM URL option, the video appears in the dashboard but it doesn’t appear on the public website. It’s totally stripped off — there’s no reference even in the page’s HTML source.

2.> However if you UPLOAD the video into the media library, it appears fine both on the dashboard and on the public website.

3.> If you’re unable to use the WordPress media manager to UPLOAD your videos (perhaps due to hosting restrictions), try using the TEXT widget instead. I was able to get the video working by embedding the video inside the TEXT widget (using the same INSERT FROM URL option).

Hope that helps!

Reply To: Video from WP Video Widget will not be shown in frontend any more