Divi WordPress Theme
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

WordPress fix Reply To: Username and Email Suddenly Not Recognized

Discussion in 'Misc WordPress Requests' started by williampatton, Dec 13, 2017.

1. williampatton

Reply To: Username and Email Suddenly Not Recognized, by williampatton

I have only seen this issue before when a malicious user has gained access to a site and manually changed access details of the site owner.

If you have no backup user account to gain access with and your account email address is showing as not registered then my only suggestion is to add a new account via MySQL/PHPMyAdmin. *WARNING* This is not something than users are often required to do and could be considered an advanced topic, there is a possibility of breaking something if it’s done incorrectly so I advise to take a full database backup before making any changes. Your hosting account may have tools built in for backup and restore. If you do not feel comfortable making these changes then reach out to a professional for some help.

Here is a link to an article and video guide that can walk you through the process of adding users via MySQL/PHPMyAdmin: http://www.wpbeginner.com/wp-tutorials/how-to-add-an-admin-user-to-the-wordpress-database-via-mysql/

Reply To: Username and Email Suddenly Not Recognized