Divi WordPress Theme
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

WordPress fix Reply To: Upload HTTP error – File uploads, WP breaks

Discussion in 'Misc WordPress Requests' started by cmb42, Dec 27, 2017.

1. cmb42

Reply To: Upload HTTP error – File uploads, WP breaks, by cmb42

UPDATES: WP behavior in page editor, photo handling, php ver.

PHP Version 5.6.28 in case anyone wants to know.

Did some further experimenting. Some interesting results.

Media Library:
    When I upload files that are below error threshold, the actual jpg file is upload and various W x H sizes are also created.
    When I upload a file over the error threshold, an http error message is displayed and only the original file is uploaded onto the physical server. None of the various sized files are created. Also, no thumbnails of the actual image are shown. Only the generic grey icon of a piece of paper with a folded corner is shown.

All photos, no matter what the size, can be deleted from the media library. Deleting them from the WP media library (even larger jpgs with bad icon) also deletes them from the server. (delete works as designed.)

Page creation:
    When creating a page, all photos, including large ones with bad icons can be used. All photos will appear in the page. They just don’t have actual thumbnail images in the media library.

Page editing – new issue:
    When creating or editing a new page, photos in the edit will remain original size after being resized by either dragging the corners or edges, or by setting pixel size manually. Photos will, however, be resized in preview.

Shouldn’t resized photos maintain their changed size in the editor while working on the page and not return to original size?

I’m beginning to think there are some serious flaws in the photo handling software in this version of WP.

Finally, I turned debug on with the following lines but assuming that logging is working, no log files are being generated.
    define( ‘WP_DEBUG’, true );
    define( ‘WP_DEBUG_LOG’, true );
    define( ‘WP_DEBUG_DISPLAY’, false );

I do not have access to the php log files.

Comments?

Reply To: Upload HTTP error – File uploads, WP breaks