Web Hosting
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

WordPress fix Reply To: Update to 4.9 ~ Fatal error: Cannot redeclare get_shortcut_link()

Discussion in 'Misc WordPress Requests' started by PressGang, Nov 18, 2017.

1. PressGang

Reply To: Update to 4.9 ~ Fatal error: Cannot redeclare get_shortcut_link(), by PressGang

Thanks @williampatton,

I should have mentioned ownership and yes I can see that in FileZilla. I’m using shared servers so the owner varies accordingly but within each site the ownership is consistent.

My hosts are excellent and automatically create backups every night and keep them for two weeks, any can be restored on request. I also use UpdraftPlus and have remote copies of each site. For added convenience I also make FTP backups when necessary. I’m awash with backups!

I’m a reseller and I use a one-click installer to install each instance of WP so I could install to a separate directory within each site and simply move that installation (minus config.php) to the root after deleting the live version. I hadn’t thought of that, thank you!

Reply To: Update to 4.9 ~ Fatal error: Cannot redeclare get_shortcut_link()