Web Hosting
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

WordPress fix Reply To: Update to 4.9 ~ Fatal error: Cannot redeclare get_shortcut_link()

Discussion in 'Misc WordPress Requests' started by PressGang, Nov 17, 2017.

1. PressGang

Reply To: Update to 4.9 ~ Fatal error: Cannot redeclare get_shortcut_link(), by PressGang

Well it’s good to hear that there are no problems with the update so far. I suspect many other millions of other (wiser?) users are waiting a while longer before they commit.

It’s interesting that you refer to permissions, I had considered that too. Is there a method built in to the updates that ensures permissions are set correctly? I used to use Joomla a lot years ago and that was terrible for ownership and permissions issues and that was one of the many reasons I moved over to WordPress … it’s robustness.

I completely understand that as advisers you mainly advise about alternative methods but what you are suggesting in this case is practically implausible. I simply cannot charge my customers to take down their sites for half-an-hour (in order to add a few frills that they are unlikely ever to use) because a one-click function doesn’t work every time.

Reply To: Update to 4.9 ~ Fatal error: Cannot redeclare get_shortcut_link()