Web Hosting
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

WordPress fix Reply To: Update to 4.9 ~ Fatal error: Cannot redeclare get_shortcut_link()

Discussion in 'Misc WordPress Requests' started by PressGang, Nov 17, 2017.

1. PressGang

Reply To: Update to 4.9 ~ Fatal error: Cannot redeclare get_shortcut_link(), by PressGang

Thank you Marius,

I agree with you both, but why would the update fall over at exactly the same point on two very different sites? And conversely why would two updates succeed? Realistically I cannot manually update tens of websites manually. Not only does that knock out each site while I delete existing files and upload replacements, it also completely contradicts the one-click update intention within the codex.

Surely it would be worth at least trying to work out why this is occurring? Are my web hosts to blame in some way (how would I check?) or is clever fail-safe coding being lost in the ether … or is there an intrinsic problem with this update? Personally, I’m focussing on the latter.

Surely, this issue is with PressThis and it’s moved functions. Either the move is not handled well or the deletion of the old function is not timely.

Reply To: Update to 4.9 ~ Fatal error: Cannot redeclare get_shortcut_link()