Web Hosting
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

WordPress fix Reply To: Unexpected Subdirectory Structure for Subdomain Groups

Discussion in 'Misc WordPress Requests' started by stratact, Dec 5, 2017.

1. stratact

Reply To: Unexpected Subdirectory Structure for Subdomain Groups, by stratact

Thank you for taking some time to investigate this matter further.

Yes, all of my recommended Commons-In-A-Box plugins were activated by default for my subdomain, including the BP Groupblog plugin. I haven’t changed them. I also enabled bp_enable_multiblog in my wp-config.php file. So, I like the result of the subdomain group named “test” appearing as a WordPress site (subdomain of a subdomain) at test.subdomain.domain.org where it can have its own group blog and wiki within the menu at the top of the page, and I can have complete control over its menu items.

However, at the same time that I created the sudomain group called “test”, another subdomain group having the same name was created at subdomain.domain.org/groups/test/ which seems to be the commonly accepted and supported method for creating groups. But I don’t like this group structure for these 3 main reasons:

1) Having two menus on the same page (i.e. the subdomain menu at the top of the page, and the group menu on the right side of the page in the widget area) can be confusing for new group members.
    2) I can’t find the page for controlling the particular widget for the group menu on the right side of the page (in the widget area).
    3) There are no links on group menu that allow me to create a Group Wiki. There are, however, links to the following pages, some of which I may not need and would like the ability to delete (if I can find the page that shows the control for this widget):
    a) Join Group
    b) Home
    c) Forum
    d) Announcements
    e) Blog
    f) Docs
    g) Members
    h) Manage

Reply To: Unexpected Subdirectory Structure for Subdomain Groups