Web Hosting
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

WordPress fix Reply To: Unexpected Subdirectory Structure for Subdomain Groups

Discussion in 'Misc WordPress Requests' started by r-a-y, Dec 5, 2017.

1. r-a-y

Reply To: Unexpected Subdirectory Structure for Subdomain Groups, by r-a-y

I’m a core developer on the BuddyPress and Commons In A Box projects so I can tell you that the BuddyPress Groups component does not support subdomain URL structures the way you describe.

So, how is it true that when I created a Group called “Test” by clicking the “Create a Group” link ( subdomain.domain.org/groups/create/ ), a subdomain group named “Test” ( test.subdomain.domain.org/wp-admin/ ) appears under my “My Sites” link at the top of my subdomain’s Home Page (and other subdomain “Test” pages too). At this link, I can select from a dropdown menu either, Dashboard, New Post, Manage Comments, or Visit Site.” So, by creating a Group, I created a new subdomain that serves as the Group itself.

This might be a side-effect of the BP Groupblog plugin if you created a groupblog during group creation. Creating a groupblog during group creation would create a WordPress site (in theory). I haven’t gone through this process in awhile, so I’d need to verify.

Reply To: Unexpected Subdirectory Structure for Subdomain Groups