Divi WordPress Theme
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

WordPress fix Reply To: Unable to make theme customization and publish it

Discussion in 'Misc WordPress Requests' started by Pepperfly, Feb 10, 2018.

1. Pepperfly

Reply To: Unable to make theme customization and publish it, by Pepperfly

Maybe you missed the part where I said I do not have plugins installed.

I replicated the problem on two different sites (different hosting accounts, same hosting provider (Arvixe), sites hosted on different servers).

As far as I know, the tech white-listed wp-admin.php. All was working for one site.

The other site was not so simple. White-listed the same, but the problem persisted. A trouble ticket was escalated. I haven’t heard back from tech support, but I also checked to see if the prob was resolved, and it is. My theory is that in the time I waited to hear back (still waiting), my browser cache was either cleared or updated. I have so many things going on that I can’t honestly remember two days ago if I tried clearing the cache, but I think I did. Anyway, I know that @greenlord wasn’t talking out of the side of his neck when he suggested the modSecurity issue. I hope other people see this article when trying to resolve. All other articles merely suggest disabling your plugins, blah, blah, blah. Well… WHEN YOU DON’T HAVE A SINGLE PLUGIN INSTALLED (none, zero, zilch, nada), then that is obviously not the problem.

It’s a modSecurity issue. here’s a chat excerpt from my tech support:

ME: I need a script whitelisted in modSecurity: /wp-admin/admin-ajax.php I receive a “406 (Not Acceptable)” error when this script attempts to publish menu items on my WordPress site.

Note: I got this information from the developer console in Chrome’s developer tools

TECH: we had to whitlist one mod security from our end
    ME: Can you be more specific? What is the rule that you added?
    TECH: URLS Affected: [/the/full/path/to]/wp-admin/admin-ajax.php [*] Description: Blind SQL Injection Attack

Note: full path is typically /wp-admin/admin-ajax.php, but in my case I had installed WP in a subdir so that I could test the problem, so my path was slightly different, and your’s might be, too.

I hope this helps.

Reply To: Unable to make theme customization and publish it