Divi WordPress Theme
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

WordPress fix Reply To: Transfering custom CSS to child theme

Discussion in 'Misc WordPress Requests' started by RossMitchell, Apr 3, 2018.

1. RossMitchell

Reply To: Transfering custom CSS to child theme, by RossMitchell

Yes you should have an uncomplicated upgrade.
    However the possibility exists that the theme revisions (X to X+1 or even X.00 to X.01), that the theme authors have changed something that you are relying upon, say they changed the class of menus from “menu-syd-top” and “menu-syd-bottom” to “menu-syd-up” and “menu-syd-low”, then your CSS changes would miss their targets.
    What you should do against these unlikely impacts is to read the release notes, review what your CSS changes are and critically check that they are still applied and relevant.
    I am presently dealing with possible changes of this type. Some clients are using woocommerce with some customized page templates in the child theme, woocommerce have updated and there may be some changes to the code that the page templates were based upon at the time the child theme was prepared, so I am doing 3 way comparisons to establish if I need to revise the page templates in the child theme, not an ideal situation, but given the complexity and flexibility of the platforms, I think that this is as good and as simple as I can expect.

Reply To: Transfering custom CSS to child theme