Web Hosting
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

WordPress fix Reply To: Thumbnail proportions

Discussion in 'Misc WordPress Requests' started by petebm, Oct 11, 2017.

1. petebm

Reply To: Thumbnail proportions, by petebm

Just tried uploading a different test image to local & remote sites, & again, they each created a different number of thumbnails – but also a different number from the ones each created for the last test image! Last time, the local site created 6, the remote one 8; this time the local count was 4, remote 5. The problem remote ones (I presume) are the ones that are created in the standard 300 x 300 and 180 x 180 format, which doesn’t happen with the local ones. https://imgur.com/a/4optb
    I’m hoping that’ll be specific enough for someone who knows more about thumbnail creation than I do (not difficult) to pinpoint the cause.

PS – if I delete those square thumbnails, the product loses its image in the main shop page, even if I edit it to remove the image & then set it again. Selecting the product gives a screen with the correct shape image, as does the ‘lightbox’ view. Using ‘Regenerate thumbnails’ results in the extra, square, thumbnails reappearing – but only on the remote site. Aaargh!

Reply To: Thumbnail proportions