Divi WordPress Theme
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

WordPress fix Reply To: Text widget not working after WP 4.8 update

Discussion in 'Misc WordPress Requests' started by organicsulfur4health, Mar 17, 2018.

1. organicsulfur4health

Reply To: Text widget not working after WP 4.8 update, by organicsulfur4health

I’m running WordPress 4.9.4 and cannot toggle Accessibility Mode using the Screen Options menu, or make any edit changes to any of my active widgets. I narrowed the problem to a javascript error, but do not know how to rewrite the code to fix it.

The offending javascript code is the text that follows the second exclamation mark on line 2481 of load-scripts.php:

!f[“wp-auth-check”] && e.hasClass(“hidden”) ? b() : f[“wp-auth-check”] && !e.hasClass(“hidden”) && c())

The problematic code generates an Uncaught TypeError that impacts line 269 of load-scripts.php

I run a modified version of this same site using MAMP and the same version of WordPress, which doesn’t exhibit the disabled Widgets feature. Disabling plugins hasn’t fixed the issue.

Can someone assist me in fixing the problem? Thanks for your help.

Reply To: Text widget not working after WP 4.8 update