Web Hosting
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

WordPress fix Reply To: Text editor changing HTML markup

Discussion in 'Misc WordPress Requests' started by johngoold, Dec 6, 2017 at 11:53 AM.

1. johngoold

Reply To: Text editor changing HTML markup, by johngoold

My apologies.
    I went to submit a bug report (create a ticket), but read through the required information, etc. I then went through the testing process involving turning off plug-ins (well, I didn’t turn off Akismet — that would have been going too far!).
    NextGEN Gallery causes problems when switching between the Visual and Text Editors, but not when staying in the Text Editor.
    The problem turned out to be own plug-in (which is used to create bridge diagrams). At one point I call the function “wpautop($c)”, which turned out to be the culprit.
    It’s a bit of a problem for me. My plugin only works in the visual editor where I create a toolbar. The resulting markup for creating, for example, a diagram with 4 bridge hands and information about the deal, is quite long and heavily nested using divs (so a bit much for most people to read, which is why it is done automatically by a plugin).
    Anyway, it looks like all is well now. Watch out for “wpautop($c)”!
    Again, sorry for wasting people’s time. I’m grateful for your patience and feedback.

Reply To: Text editor changing HTML markup