Web Hosting
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

WordPress fix Reply To: Text editor changing HTML markup

Discussion in 'Misc WordPress Requests' started by johngoold, Dec 4, 2017.

1. johngoold

Reply To: Text editor changing HTML markup, by johngoold

The valid markup is shown in the BEFORE code. Clicking the “Update” button results in the markup being changed as in the AFTER code. The “closing paragraph tag, but you’re missing an opening one” that you quote, is from the AFTER code.
    That is the problem.
    One doesn’t need to preview changes in order to do a save (“Update”, “Save as Draft”…). I actually have a separate computer with its own monitor that I use to view the website (so, on that other computer, I’m not logged it to WordPress and see the display EXACTLY the way a website visitor would).
    Thank you for the link. If the plugin isn’t a crude band-aid solution like the 1/2-dozen or so I’ve looked at so far, I may give it a try. However, I still feel, very strongly, that the idea of having an HTML Text Editor in WordPress is to store one’s markup EXACTLY the way it was coded — broken or otherwise.
    Similarly, if the markup is valid, then saving it and then opening the page (or post) with the Visual Editor should not break it either.

Reply To: Text editor changing HTML markup