Web Hosting
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

WordPress fix Reply To: Static Page Will Not Show Up

Discussion in 'Misc WordPress Requests' started by nicoleatlahhh, Oct 29, 2017.

1. nicoleatlahhh

Reply To: Static Page Will Not Show Up, by nicoleatlahhh

Hi ThemesGrove,

The home page currently shows the logo, a navigation bar, our mission, a video, 4 buttons, and some news. I’ve tried changing the news to see if it’s flowing through a widget or similar to a blog cover page, but that has no effect.

We currently don’t see any page as our homepage as that page is not a page we created or have saved in our pages. When I looked at the source code behind that page, it looks like it’s tied to a Genesis theme, but that theme is not active. This website was created some time ago, so we don’t have access to the person who originally set it up so I’m kind of guessing on some items.

As far as the static-front-page.php file, we do not have that specific php in under templates.

We have this tid-bit under functions.php:
    $removed_default_sections = array( ‘nav’, ‘static_front_page’, ‘custom_css’ );
    foreach ( $removed_default_sections as $default_section ) {
    $wp_customize->remove_section( $default_section );
    }

Let me know if that helps or if there’s something additional I can look at. Thank you!

Reply To: Static Page Will Not Show Up