Web Hosting
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

WordPress fix Reply To: spinner inside submit button

Discussion in 'Misc WordPress Requests' started by bcworkz, Nov 12, 2017.

1. bcworkz

Reply To: spinner inside submit button, by bcworkz

Thanks for the links. You don’t need the spinner inside the CF7 button because CF7 will place its own spinner right next to it when the submit button is clicked. I can see why you might prefer the in-button spinner, but I don’t think it’s worth fighting with the CF7 behavior to get it. I don’t know why the spinner is not hidden, that is quite odd. But if it’s removed, then the reason is moot.

It’s possible all the problems you are experiencing are because the default CF7 submit HTML has been altered. If you were to restore it, the other issues might resolve themselves. If you want the in-button spinner that badly, you probably need to not use the CF7 submittal HTML and scripts and manage the submittal on your own. The rest of CF7 should remain functional.

I’m unable to replicate the lack of access to the quiz field after an aborted submit. I filled in name and message fields only, then submitted. I could still put answers in the quiz field after this. Is there a specific sequence I should follow to get the behavior you describe?

The script that runs after clicking submit with incomplete fields does not finish. The native CF7 spinner appears, but there are no error messages and the native spinner remains, it is not cleared as usual. It must be because either there’s a conflict with other scripts running on the page, or it’s because the default HTML was altered. Try disabling all other scripts, the CF7 scripts should work when on their own. Re-enable the other scripts, one by one, to narrow down the source of the conflict. If the CF7 scripts fail with no other scripts on the page, then it’s probably because the default HTML was altered.

Reply To: spinner inside submit button