Web Hosting
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

WordPress fix Reply To: spinner inside submit button

Discussion in 'Misc WordPress Requests' started by bcworkz, Nov 25, 2017.

1. bcworkz

Reply To: spinner inside submit button, by bcworkz

You could rely on editing HTML within the inspection tool. It’s pretty limited, and you cannot save anything. Everything is lost when the page is reloaded. But if you keep track of where you’re at, there’s no need to repeat what you’ve already tried with no effect. You can mainly only edit attributes like class and ID, but that should be enough. I doubt it’s a problem with rules attached solely to HTML elements where the CSS selector is the element itself and not a class or ID. For example, the following rule would be very unlikely to cause p positioning issues:
    article {display:block;}

Start with .contact-form class, which contains the form shortcode. Change it by double clicking in the inspector tool to enter edit mode. Replace it with a class you know does not exist in CSS (make one up). Work your way outwards for every element that contains the form within. Eventually, the p elements should be positioned correctly.

I have to say though, I cannot guarantee modifying attributes or templates will expose the problem. I think it’s your best bet, but there are no guarantees. Another thing to check is any differences between good and bad pages in the head sections related to JS and CSS files loaded; as well as any inline script or style elements. Any differences would be reason for suspicion. Unfortunately, it can be difficult to reconcile the differences. You could disable JS on your browser to see if JS affects the p element positioning at all. Doing so will break the form functions, but all that matters here is the p tag positioning. If no change, then there’s no need to check further for script differences.

Adding or removing different CSS files or styles can be difficult. You’d have to find where they were added in the first place. Ideally it’s a call to wp_enqueue_style(), but deviations are common. Removal would simply be temporarily making the line into a comment. Keep backups of originals or keep careful track of edits. It’s all too easy to forget where edits were made. Don’t ask how I know this

Adding a CSS file that’s not currently loaded in the proper WP ordained manner is a tutorial in itself, but since this is just for a quick test, we can do a dirty hack. Simply copy the link tag that loads the the file on the “good” page and temporarily paste it into your theme’s header.php template at an appropriate location in the head section.

Reply To: spinner inside submit button