Web Hosting
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

WordPress fix Reply To: Site Rendering Problems/ White Screen on Admin

Discussion in 'Misc WordPress Requests' started by Jackie McBride, Nov 18, 2017.

1. Jackie McBride

Reply To: Site Rendering Problems/ White Screen on Admin, by Jackie McBride

Hi, cbirdsong, & welcome. First, thanks for providing your site’s url. In this case, it *really* helped a lot. Several things are occurring. you’ve got a captcha-generating plugin in place, &, in truth, I suspect it may be blocking access to /wp-admin, ie, I think it does more than just generate captchas & is likely some sort of overall security plugin. You can log into your dashboard, it appears, by going to:
    https://expressivestyles.salon/wp-login.php
    Please let us know if this is indeed accurate.

When updating, there is always the possibility that the update didn’t actually complete successfully. In such cases, we generally urge that folks reupload the files manually, either via their hosting provider’s control panel or an ftp client, but, if you’re actually able to log in, as I suspect, that may not be the issue.

Sometimes temporarily disabling plugins & returning to a default theme (they all begin with the word ‘twenty’) an help, &, if so, then reenable things 1 by 1 & try logging in each time until things quit working, at which point you’ll know what the problematic element is.

I’m also wondering if your theme is up-to-date? I’m seeing a lot of references to v. 6.3x on the site, but the most updated version appears to be 6.4.

Please let us know if any of this was helpful.

Reply To: Site Rendering Problems/ White Screen on Admin