Web Hosting
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

WordPress fix Reply To: sidebar help

Discussion in 'Misc WordPress Requests' started by marin2234, Oct 22, 2017.

1. marin2234

Reply To: sidebar help, by marin2234

@hudsonvalleywebdesign

Thats what im saying. The issue is within the DB as the folder contains the site and the DB contains the content. If i move the entire directoy and use the testDB the sidebar works, with the same directory if I replace the wp-config.php with the sites wp-config.php that is an issue, only pointing to the issue DB, problem is replicated. 100% agree the issue is within the DB. My question is where to look in the DB to fix this issue.

I tried to explain that by moving the wp-config.php back and forth it is fixed/broken only by moving the wp-config.php which points directly to the DB being the culprit.

How did I move the site;

MAIN SITE:
    /var/www/mainsite/<CONTENTS OF ALL WP DATA HERE>

TEST SITE (SAME SERVER)
    /var/www/testsite/<CONTENTS OF ALL WP DATA HERE>

mv /var/www/testsite /var/www/testsite_10112017
    cp -R /var/www/mainsite /var/www/testsite

Tested that testsite.com had the same issue as mainsite.com once that was identified. I did this;

mv /var/www/testsite/wp-config.php /var/www/testsite/wp-config.php-broken
    cp /var/www/testsite_10112017/wp-config.php /var/www/testsite/wp-config.php

Tested site again, issue was not there, proving that the original testsite/wp-config.php from a fresh install pointing to testsiteDB did not contain the same issues with sidebar that maintsiteDB presented.

Where in the DB can I look for these sidebar issues?

Reply To: sidebar help