Web Hosting
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

WordPress fix Reply To: Revert Latest Changes to Post Tile Filtering Behavior

Discussion in 'Misc WordPress Requests' started by GµårÐïåñ, Nov 29, 2017.

1. GµårÐïåñ

Reply To: Revert Latest Changes to Post Tile Filtering Behavior, by GµårÐïåñ

I agree, unfortunately changing the core files is not favorable given that they can easily be replaced in future updates. Creating a plugin for everything seems an inefficient way to go given that they can break things due to even the slightest oversight. I suppose changing the function file is the least intrusive but I wish there was a way to simply modify the behavior with a filter option and be done with it, like removing the wordpress version which I have already done, but I guess even that involves some degree of modification to the function file as mentioned. The problem is modifying the behavior in such a way that doesn’t break core functionality because changing character substitution is not a granular thing, so that means you have to effectively rewrite that whole function and of course that could pose errors in itself. Sigh.

Last comment was funny, even though I feel it was a bit of a dig, but I can appreciate the ribbing as much as the next guy, so thanks. Let me know what you find when you discover the solution whilst testing

Reply To: Revert Latest Changes to Post Tile Filtering Behavior