Divi WordPress Theme
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

WordPress fix Reply To: Removed /wp from my site link and now everything is wrong

Discussion in 'Misc WordPress Requests' started by Jackie McBride, Apr 3, 2018.

1. Jackie McBride

Reply To: Removed /wp from my site link and now everything is wrong, by Jackie McBride

enyeartmarketing, those folders inside the wp folder, ie, wp-admin, etc, belong there.

The site’s content, w/the exception of user files like pictures, documents, etc, is not stored in files, but rather in the database. Databases can be used if you reinstall WordPress, but you may have to do a search-&-replace on the urls to make them correct. You’ll also need to click the ‘Advanced Options’ in your hosting provider’s installation app in order to use the existing database, &/or modify the wp-config.php to reflect the appropriate database credentials. You’ll need also to ensure that your user files, ie, the wp-content/uploads folder & any other folders containing pictures, docs, etc, is saved to your local computer prior to reinstallation.

If you’re feeling that all of this is just a bit more than you wish to cope with, you could submit a job to the WordPress job board on http://jobs.wordpress.net. This should not take long for someone w/experience to help you sort out.

Reply To: Removed /wp from my site link and now everything is wrong