Divi WordPress Theme
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

WordPress fix Reply To: Remove author page with username in it, security risk?

Discussion in 'Misc WordPress Requests' started by cschultzie3, Dec 29, 2017.

1. cschultzie3

Reply To: Remove author page with username in it, security risk?, by cschultzie3

@tothbalint thanks for explaining even the other guys post. I’ll give that link a try and I had installed the free WordFence prior to reading your recommendation here but looks like I might need to tweak the settings a bit (just left it at defaults for now) so it’ll work like you have it on your site, as that sounds like something I’d like to do too. and thanks for the hardening link, I’ll give that a read too.

This may be a stupid question but I’m thinking ahead here. The only public posting to my website i’m envisioning having would be where if I did a blog post, would be to allow people to comment underneath each post. If I use that plugin or the solution below I found online which supposedly just makes them all go back to the homepage, would that prevent people from commenting under my blog posts? I don’t want to screw myself up before I even get started haha

adding an author.php to my (child) theme with this in it;

<?php
    header(“HTTP/1.1 301 Moved Permanently”);
    header(“Location: /”);
    ?>

Reply To: Remove author page with username in it, security risk?