Divi WordPress Theme
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

WordPress fix Reply To: problem with apparence shortcode wordpress

Discussion in 'Misc WordPress Requests' started by bcworkz, Feb 1, 2018.

1. bcworkz

Reply To: problem with apparence shortcode wordpress, by bcworkz

Thanks for the additional information, but what you need is missing code which defines what the shortcodes do, and registers said shortcodes. Unfortunately, that can be anywhere, and possibly even missing from your installation. Where the missing code isn’t is your active theme or active plugins, unless there is some grievous error somewhere.

You could try to locate the missing code in your installation by using a full text search command like grep. If you do not have terminal access, download the plugins and themes folders to your local computer and use a similar search function. Search for the name of the shortcode, without the square brackets. If you are seeing [my-shortcode-for-example] in post content, search for “my-shortcode-for-example”. The line that registers that shortcode would look something like:
    add_shortcode('my-shortcode-for-example', 'callback-function-name');
    ‘callback-function-name’ could be anything. The module where this is found needs to be an active part of your installation.

Reply To: problem with apparence shortcode wordpress