Web Hosting
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

WordPress fix Reply To: preg_match(): Compilation failed at wp-db.php on line 1657

Discussion in 'Misc WordPress Requests' started by RWall, Nov 20, 2017.

1. RWall

Reply To: preg_match(): Compilation failed at wp-db.php on line 1657, by RWall

@crkm

Have gone back to 4.8.3 by replacing wp-admin and wp-includes directories along with wp-settings.php with the 4.8.3 equivalents.

That’s exactly what I had to do.

I’m one of the moderators of the community forum over at http://www.openenergymonitor.org, and there I think I can rightly say that we go a little further in our efforts to help people who are struggling with something that is foreign to them, that they don’t fully understand.

I’m a Chartered Engineer, not a programmer. I know a little PHP, but I don’t have – and honestly I don’t have the time to acquire – the in-depth knowledge of WordPress that’s likely to be required to untangle this. Like you, I’ve been forced to take the safe (but I hope, temporary) option of reverting to the working version. What I don’t want to do is waste time and effort to convert to one of the other CMS offerings, so I’m hoping that someone else will see this and be able to help.

(And over at OEM, I just dive in and tidy up the posts for those who haven’t learned all the presentation tricks – and we don’t berate the poster. I quite often correct spelling and grammatical mistakes too – particularly, but not exclusively, for those whose first language is not English.)

Reply To: preg_match(): Compilation failed at wp-db.php on line 1657