Web Hosting
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

WordPress fix Reply To: Plugins (that run in background) Causing Site to Crash

Discussion in 'Misc WordPress Requests' started by katmoody, Nov 1, 2017.

1. katmoody

Reply To: Plugins (that run in background) Causing Site to Crash, by katmoody

Hey there –

I’m Kat with BackUpWordPress support and saw your post. Usually a white screen like that indicates that your site is either running out of memory or server resources – sometimes you’ll see an actual error code with that as well.

As Steve asked, I’d want to know who is hosting your site, and whether there are errors showing in your logs or not (check with your host as well because they can usually check for you and isolate the issue more quickly).

While all those plugins do run in the background, it’s more likely that they are running processes that are either maxing a specific server limit or running into that memory limit, so your first steps would include checking to see what kind of limits you have on the server level. If you aren’t sure about that, check with your host (and while you’re at it, ask if they have information on how to maximize those settings, if it is possible).

If you can get back with a little more information I’m sure Steve or myself will have a few other things you can check on

Kat

Reply To: Plugins (that run in background) Causing Site to Crash